19th Annual NATA Symposium, Lisbon, April 12-13, 2018
Dates & venue
The 19th Annual NATA Symposium on Patient Blood Management, Haemostasis and Thrombosis will take place on April 12-13, 2017 at Aula Magna, located in the campus of the University of Lisbon, Portugal.
In line with our mission statement, the scientific programme covers a wide range of topics related to anaemia, patient blood management (PBM), critical bleeding and thrombosis. This year, the scientific committee has selected the following topics for plenary sessions:
- Preoperative Anaemia ‒ Is Iron the Best Answer?
- Treatment of Anaemia
- Weighing the Evidence for Coagulation Therapies in Cardiac Surgery
- Transfusions – The Second Best Option?
- Patient Blood Management ‒ Improved Standards of Care, Patient Safety and Cost-Effectiveness
- Fluid Therapy
- Best Posters – Presentations and Awards
- The Newest Evidence
- Patient Blood Management for Specific Indications
- All Aboard – Patient Blood Management Multidisciplinary Implementation
- How to Treat Coagulopathy
Please click on the link below to view the preliminary scientific programme.
19th Annual Symposium Scientific Programme
Call for Abstracts
The deadline for abstract submission is January 15, 2018.
Accepted abstracts will be presented as posters, and each poster will be visited by two moderators during one of the five breaks of the symposium.
The presenters of the 8 best-rated abstracts will be invited to give a 5-minute presentation followed by a 3-minute discussion during the Best Posters session scheduled on April 12 from 16:40 to 18:10. The 3 best oral communications will selected by audience voting using the “NATA Forum” App.
Please click on the link below to download the abstract submission form.
19th Annual NATA Symposium Abstract Submission Form