20th Annual NATA Symposium, Berlin, April 4-5, 2019
Don't miss the 20th Annual NATA Symposium – Join us in Berlin on April 4-5, 2019!
Prof. Samama, incoming NATA chair, extends an invitation to the 20th NATA Symposium
Prof. Meier, chair of NATA's scientific committee,
invites you to attend the 2019 NATA Symposium
Check NATA's YouTube channel for more videos
Dates & venue
The 20th Annual NATA Symposium on Patient Blood Management, Haemostasis and Thrombosis will take place on April 4-5, 2019 at Maritim proArte Hotel Berlin, Friedrichstraße 151, 1117 Berlin, Germany.
The scientific committee has selected the following topics for plenary sessions:
- Patient Blood Management – Past, Present and Future
- Patient Blood Management in Surgery – Preoperative Preparation
- Patient Blood Management – Does It Work in Children Too?
- Iron Therapy in Special Indications
- Underrated Measures in Patient Blood Management
- Emergency Care of Patients Receiving Antithrombotics
- Best Posters – Presentations and Awards
- Red Blood Cell Transfusion – How Low Can/Should We Go?
- Stop the Bleeding!
- Safety of Blood and Blood Products
- Breaking News
Please click on the link below to view the preliminary scientific programme.
20th Annual Symposium Scientific Programme
Final Announcement (PDF version)
The final announcement in PDF format can be downloaded here.
20th Annual Symposium Final Announcement
E-posters and Best Poster Session
A total of 70 abstracts have been accepted for presentation. Accepted abstracts will be presented as e-posters, and each e-poster will be visited by two moderators during one of the breaks (4 e-poster stations will be available in the exhibition area).
The presenters of the 8 best-rated abstracts have been invited to give a 5-minute presentation followed by a 3-minute discussion during the Best Posters session scheduled on April 4 from 16:40 to 18:10. The 3 best oral communications will selected by audience voting using the “NATA Forum” App.
Two satellite symposia, a sponsored lecture and two workshop sessions will take place during lunch breaks (lunch will be provided):
- New Horizons in Patient Blood Management; New Insights and New Challenges – “Pearls of Wisdom”
(satellite symposium organised by Masimo; April 4)
- Overview of New Guidelines and Quality Management in Cell Salvage – An Update
(sponsored lecture organised by Fresenius Kabi; April 4)
- Functional Haemostatic Monitoring: A Hands-On Worskhop for Beginners
(workshop supported by Haemonetics, Hemosonics and Instrumentation Laboratory; April 4)
- Goal-directed Therapy of Bleeding
(satellite symposium organised by CSL Behring; April 5)
- Functional Haemostatic Monitoring: A Hands-On Worskhop for Advanced Users
(workshop supported by Haemonetics, Hemosonics and Instrumentation Laboratory; April 5)
Please click on the link below to view the industry-sponsored programme.
20th Annual Symposium Industry-Sponsored Programme
Please click on the link below to register online.
20th Annual NATA Symposium Online Registration
Alternatively, you may download the registration form and send the completed document by fax or email. Please click on the link below to dowload the registration form.
20th Annual NATA Symposium Registration Form
The conference dinner will take place on Thursday, April 4
at 19:30 at Hauptstadtrestaurant Gendarmerie (website).
The restaurant is nicely located, near the historic Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin Mitte and within a 7-minute walking distance from Maritim proArte Hotel Berlin.
For more information, please click on the link below to download the conference dinner registration form.
20th Annual NATA Symposium Conference Dinner Registration Form
It is also possible to register online using the link below.
20th Annual NATA Symposium Conference Dinner Online Registration